Franklin Pierce University - DiPietro Library First Floor
The Center for Academic Excellence is an integral part of the Franklin Pierce community, offering a variety of services to help students achieve academic success. We work to assist students in developing the skills and strategies to be confident, interdependent, active learners and to provide equal opportunity for academic development and excellence to ALL students.
Reasons to Contact the Center for Academic Excellence
- You are having difficulty finishing or comprehending your assigned reading.
- You have a big exam coming up and you don’t know how to study efficiently for a college-level exam.
- Your motivation is challenged, you get distracted, or you find it difficult to start—or finish—assignments.
- You are doing all the work required for a class but your grade is not where you would like it to be.
- You would like help brainstorming, organizing, writing, or editing your next paper.
- You want to balance your coursework, commitments, and social life.
Our staff consists of four full-time professionals, one part-time language specialist, an administrative assistant and a team of well-prepared peer tutors and peer leaders. Our professional staff maintain active memberships in NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising; the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA); the Learning Assistance Association of New England (LAANE); the National Association of Developmental Education (NADE) and AHEAD: Association of Higher Education and Disability, in order to remain current in the fields of learning support, academic advising and supporting students with disabilities.
Our Peer Tutoring program is certified by the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA).
Call 603-899-4107 to make an appointment or drop by our office. We offer support through in-person meetings at our main office or via phone, email or Skype for our distance students.
Center for Academic Excellence
Franklin Pierce University
DiPietro Library, 1st Floor