- GRADUATE STUDIES
- STUDENT LIFE
College of Graduate and Professional Studies
All students who are admitted and matriculated into a degree program at Franklin Pierce may apply for federal financial assistance. To begin this process, students must do the following at the start of their enrollment and at the beginning of each academic year financial aid as needed:
1. File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Filing your FAFSA is the first step in the financial aid process.
- File online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to include Franklin Pierce University's school code (002575) so that the school will receive the processed FAFSA results electronically.
- Undergraduate (including Paralegal) students: Franklin Pierce University suggests that all undergraduate students select the option to link to the IRS Data Retrieval Tool where you indicate that you (and your parents if applicable) have filed your tax return.
- File as early as possible. To be considered for state aid programs your application must be received by May 1. Processing can take several weeks if you file the paper application.
- Read your Student Aid Report (SAR); make sure all information is complete and accurate. If you file the FAFSA online, your SAR will be emailed to you if you provides an email address. If you file a paper form, you will receive your SAR by mail.
- Please note: About 30% of all FAFSA applications are selected at random for verification. If your application is selected for verification, you will be contacted by Student Financial Services to submit additional documentation.
- IMPORTANT: If you are applying for aid beginning with undergraduate Term 4, 5 or Summer I or with graduate Term 3 or 4, you must file the 2014-2015 FAFSA. If you are applying for aid for undergraduate Term Summer II (start date: July 2, 2015) onwards or graduate Term 1 (start date: August 31, 2015) onwards, you must file the 2015-2016 FAFSA. If you have submitted a 2014-2015 FAFSA earlier this year, please be sure to select the correct tab on the Renewal page if you need to update it.
The next step is to submit an online Financial Aid Application which provides us with the enrollment information needed to put your financial aid in place.
For veteran and military education benefits, more information is available along with application instructions.
The online Financial Aid Application is accessed through the Billing/Financial Aid portal on CampusWeb by following these steps:
- Log in to CampusWeb (web address: https://campusweb.franklinpierce.edu/ics/) using your Franklin Pierce email username and password
- Click on Undergraduates/Grad Students tab next to the Home tab at top of page
- Click on Billing/Financial Aid on side bar on left-hand side of the page
- Click on Check Financial Aid Award Info at NetPartner (in blue type) in the Financial Aid Awards box to go to the Financial Aid page
- Click on Apply Online tab***
- Choose academic program from drop-down box * Required
- Fill in number of credits for each term of anticipated enrollment (fill in with best estimate; underestimate if unsure)
- Choose student teaching term * Required (if not applicable to you, select: Not Student Teaching)
- Click Submit
***IMPORTANT: If you are applying for aid beginning with undergraduate Term 4, 5 or Summer I or with graduate Term 3 or 4, you must select year 2014-2015 in the upper righthand corner of the screen. If you are applying for aid for undergraduate Term Summer II (start date: July 2, 2015) onwards or graduate Term 1 (start date: August 31, 2015) onwards, you must select year 2015-2016 in the upper righthand corner of the screen.
After clicking Submit, a confirmation screen will appear. You can review what you entered after submission by clicking on the Apply Online tab. You will be able to view but not alter the information entered previously. If you need to revise anything, contact Student Financial Services via your Franklin Pierce email account to: firstname.lastname@example.org
After the FAFSA and your Financial Aid Application have been completed, we will review your information and contact you via email if any other information or documentation is needed. When all documents have been received, a financial aid award notification will be emailed to your Franklin Pierce email address. This notification will include instructions on how to view and accept/decline your award package.
If you are a first time Stafford loan borrower with Franklin Pierce, you will need to complete an Entrance Counseling session and a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Both of these are done online and will need to be completed before loan funds can be disbursed. Click here for detailed instructions: Entrance Counseling/Master Promissory Note (MPN) Instructions.
If you are eligible for financial assistance, your award package will be broken out over the anticipated number of terms and anticipated enrollment in each term as reported on your Financial Aid Application. Financial aid funds are posted to your student account each term after enrollment is verified. If adjustments need to be made to your financial aid award based on a change from anticipated enrollment, you will be notified by a revised financial aid award notification email.
Any changes to the enrollment reported on your Financial Aid Application may affect your financial aid. Please contact Student Financial Services to discuss the implications of the changes and what adjustments can be made to ensure that you are properly covered financially.
Please note that the financial aid year runs from July 1 to June 30 each year. Your loan period is for one year only. At the end of the loan period you no longer have financial aid and must reapply.
For more information contact Student Financial Services at 877.372.7347 or