Priscilla S. Marsicovetere, JD, PA-C
- Bryn Mawr College, Bachelor of Science, History
- Vermont Law School, Juris Doctor, Law
- Northeastern University, Masters, Physician Assistant Studies
- The Dartmouth Institute, Certificate, The Fundamentals of Value-Based Healthcare
- The Conaty Institute for Transformational Health Care Leadership, Certificate, Breakthrough Leadership Program
- Advanced Clinical Skills
- Clinical Medicine
- Preparation for Clinical Education
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS
- Medicolegal Research & Writing
- Interprofessional Education
- Anorectal Medicine
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA)
- Exam Writing Board, Emergency Medicine/General Surgery
- Government Relations Steering Committee
- Optimal Team Practice Task Force
- American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS)
- New Hampshire Society of Physician Assistants (NHSPA)
- Physician Assistant Academy of Vermont (PAAV)
- American Society of Colorectal Surgeons Annual Conference (2019)
- Physician Assistant Education Association Government Relations Steering Committee (2018, 2019)
- Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Forum (2017, 2018)
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) Accreditation & You Workshop (2018)
- Physician Assistant Education Association Program Directors 101 (2017)
- College of Health & Natural Sciences Executive Committee (EXCO), President
- Academic Senate, CHNS Representative
- Graduate Academic Standards Committee
- New Hampshire Professionals Health Program, Board of Directors
- Clinical Ethics Committee, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Diversity Committee, Geisel Medical School at Dartmouth
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Goldwag J, Marsicovetere P, Scalia P, et al. The impact of decision aids in patients with colorectal cancer: a systematic review. Accepted for publication in the British Medical Journal (BMJ) in August 2019, publication date pending.
Marsicovetere P. Diverticulitis: A Primer for Primary Care Providers. Clinician Reviews. 2018 August;28(8):36-44.
Cleveland T, Acevedo F, Marsicovetere P, et al. Emergency Medicine End of Rotation Exam Version 6, forms 1 and 2. Washington, DC: Physician Assistant Education Association, 2018.
Cleveland T, Acevedo F, Marsicovetere P, et al. General Surgery End of Rotation Exam Version 6, forms 1 and 2. Washington, DC: Physician Assistant Education Association, 2018.
Marsicovetere P. Examining, diagnosing, and treating benign anorectal conditions. Journal of the American Academy of PAs. 31(3):32-37, March 2018.
Marsicovetere P, Ivatury SJ. Anorectal Evaluations: Examining, Diagnosing & Treating Benign Anorectal Conditions. Clinician Reviews. 2017 November;27(11):28-38.
Marsicovetere P, Ivatury SJ, White B, Holubar SD. Intestinal Intussusception: Etiology, Diagnosis and Treatment. Clin Colon Rectal Surg 2016; 30:30-39.
Holder-Murray J, Marsicovetere PS, Holubar SD. Minimally Invasive Surgery for Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2015 Jun;21(6):1443-58.
Wallaert JB, De Martino RR, Marsicovetere PS, Goodney PP, Finlayson SR, Murray JJ, Holubar SD. Venous Thromboembolism After Surgery for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Are There Modifiable Risk Factors? Data from ACS NSQIP. Dis Colon Rectum: 2012 Nov; 55(11):1138-44.
The Financial Benefit and Legalese of an Advanced Practice Provider Successful Transition of an APP into Colorectal Practice. Presented at the (June) 2019 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Colorectal Surgeons (ASCRS) in Cleveland, OH. Co-presenter: Srinivas Ivatury, MD.
Preceptor Recruitment through State and Federal Policy Action. Presented at the (October) 2018 Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) Forum in Anaheim, CA. Co-presenter(s): Ryan White, Carolyn Bradley-Guidry, Amy Akerman.
Anorectal Evaluations: Diagnosing & Treating Common Benign Conditions. Presented at the Physician Assistant Academy of Vermont (PAAV) 36th Annual Winter CME Conference, January 2018 in Stowe, VT.