Assistant Professor of Exercise Physiology
- M.B.B.S. Tianjin Medical University
- P.S.M. Peking University
- Ph.D. Arizona State University
- BI 121 Introduction to Health Science
- Bi 402 Exercise Physiology with Lab
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (2019- present) (American College of Sports Medicine)
- American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the professional rescuer (2015-present)
- China Ministry of Health: Medical license, 2013-present.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography
- Participant in developing and running the Annual Building Health Lifestyle Conference at Arizona State University.
- Volunteer, Feed My Starving Children
- Participant in a global-outreach initiative by the Pac-12 Conference to strengthen
ties with international organizations.
- Graduate and Professional Student Association, reviewer for travel Grant
- Treasurer, ENS Grad Club
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Arizona State University, Ph.D. Student Fellowship ($ 2,000 in 2015-2016; $3,460 in 2017-2018)
- Arizona State University, GPAS Travel Grant ($ 950 in 2016-2017; $ 950 in 2017-2018)
- Peking University, academic scholarship ($ 10,000 in 2010-2013)
- Principal-Investigator (Ma T): Global Sport Institute Grant ($20,000) (January 2018- present).
- Co-investigator (Ma T): Arizona State University& Mayo Clinics, Mayo Obesity Solution Grant ($5,000) (March 2017- present).
- Principal-Investigator (Ma T): Arizona State University GPSA Jumpstart Grant ($500): (March 2016- March 2017).
- Principal–Investigator (Ma T): Arizona State University GPSA Athletics Grant ($1500): (March 2016- March 2017).
- Principal–Investigator (Ma T): Arizona State University GPSA Graduate Research Grant ($750) (March 2016-August 2017).
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Liu X, Mao M, Ma T. The effect of EDTA root conditioning on periodontal surgery outcome: A meta-analysis. Quintessence International. 2016 Nov 1;47(10).
- Lee, Chong, and Tongyu Ma. "Effect of acute bitter melon intake on postprandial glucose and insulin in sedentary, abdominally obese persons." Functional Foods in Health and Disease 9.6 (2019): 384-391.
- Ma T, Lee CD. Effect of Resistant starch on postprandial glucose levels in sedentary, abdominally obese persons. International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research. (in review) Lee CD, Ma T. Obesity Paradox: Is It Important to Consider Muscle Mass? Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2016, 48 (Suppl)
- Ma T, Lee CD. Associations of lifestyle behaviors with cardiovascular disease and chronic disease mortality and life expectancy in men and women. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2016, 48 (Suppl)
- Lee CD, Ma T. Impact of cardiovascular health metrics on life expectancy and all-cause mortality in middle-aged and elderly men and women. Circulation, 2016, 132
- Ma T, Lee CD. The acute effect of walking on postprandial hyperglycemia a meta-analysis
of randomized clinical trials.
2016 southwest ACSM
- Lee CD, Dierickx E, Ma T, Menkosky K, Impact of AHA’s 7 Health Metrics on Life Expectancy in the United States General Population. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2017, 49 (Suppl)
- Ma T, Lee CD, Effects of Exercise and Bitter Melon Intake on Postprandial Glucose
in Type 2 Diabetic Patients
Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2018, 50 (Suppl)
- Ma T, Lee CD, Effect of Resistant Starch on Postprandial Glucose Levels in Sedentary,
Abdominally Obese Persons
Diabetes 2018, 67 (Suppl1).