Alberto M. Poxes
Assistant Professor of Sport and Recreation Management
- Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration with emphasis in Sport Administration
University of Southern Mississippi, 2001-2004
- B.A. in Christian Education
African Bible College in Malawi, 1992-1996
- M.S. in Sport Administration
University of Southern Mississippi, 1998-2000
- First Year Inquiry
- Foundation of Sports and Recreation Management
- Sports and Recreation Marketing
- Law and Liability in Sport
- Inclusive Sport and Recreation
- Fitness Management
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS
- Sports in society and examining the role of sport in social advancement and under-representation of minority sport.
I have developed a teaching philosophy over the years that is a direct result of my interaction with students and other faculty members. To some extent my teaching philosophy reflects and emulates many people who have mentored me as I progressed in my teaching career. My teaching philosophy is comprised of service - this service can be noticed in three areas of teaching: as a role model, as a mentor, and as a leader in the classroom.
- A member of the North America Society for Sport Management (NASM)
- In my free time I enjoy the company of my family, traveling, writing poetry and short stories, taking pictures, playing volleyball and basketball, fishing, and cooking.
- Student advisement
- Faculty Professional Development Committee Member