The loyd & helen ament astmann career center
The Career Development Center encourages all students to participate in experiential education, (micro) internships, externships, field placement and practicums whether paid or unpaid during the 2023-2024 academic year. Student safety is always of the utmost importance which has been further underscored during our present COVID-19 pandemic.
All students choosing to participate in on-ground internships or other experiential opportunities should perform due diligence prior accepting an employment or experiential offer.
STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO/CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Find out whether the position can be done remotely, hybrid, or totally on-ground.
- Ask for written guidance from the internship site regarding COVID-19 safety procedures and vaccination requirements.
- Read, understand and confirm understanding of all site safety precautions prior to agreeing to the experience.
- Discuss any safety concerns with the site supervisor and their academic advisor.
- Alert your advisor or site supervisor to any health related issues/concerns that may impact your safety and determine if alternate accommodations are necessary.