All information below is based on 2018-19 pricing effective 6/1/18 and loan limits for first-year MPAS students.
TUITION & FEES
The current tuition rate is $11,100 per term plus there is a one-time $850 Medical Kit fee in the first term and a $200 graduation fee charged within the last two terms of the program. Charges are subject to change June 1st of every year. New pricing is generally posted online in May each year.
Estimated Tuition & Fees for Program:
Medical Kit Fee $850
Graduation Fee $200
For other fees associated with the program see the Tuition & Fees web page.
FINANCIAL AID – FEDERAL STAFFORD & GRADUATE PLUS LOANS
Typically, we award MPAS students the maximum allowed based on annual Cost of Attendance: $57,414 for the first year/three terms which includes tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation and living expenses. (Only three terms are awarded the first year because the MPAS program starts in the second term of the financial aid year.) This is awarded through two federal loans: an Unsubsidized Stafford loan of $20,500 (the maximum allowed each financial aid year) and the balance with a Graduate PLUS loan of $36,914. The funds are divided evenly over all three terms and disbursed after Add/Drop period has ended each term. A student accepting the maximum can expect to have approximately $7,400 available to be used for living expenses each term. (Second- and third-year MPAS students will have $9,950 to $10,300 available due to higher Cost of Attendance in those years.) Students are under no obligation to take the full amount and have the opportunity to reduce the amount when they accept their loans. We recommend students contact the Student Financial Services office if they are not going to take the maximum so we can recommend a loan amount to best meet their needs.
Please note that a Loan Origination Fee is deducted before each disbursement is released to the school. As of October 1, 2017, the Loan Origination Fee for the Stafford loan is 1.066% and for the Graduate PLUS is 4.264%. This is how the loans will net out with the loan fees deducted:
|Gross||Net||Net per Term|
From July 1, 2018 through June 31, 2019, the interest rate for the Stafford loan is 6.6% and for the Graduate PLUS is 7.6%. Interest rates are subject to change on July 1, 2019.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
There are two steps to applying for financial aid at Franklin Pierce:
1. Submit your FAFSA. This is done online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
2. Complete the online Franklin Pierce University financial aid application to indicate your program and how many credits per term you will be enrolled in. This is done on CampusWeb in the Financial Aid portal. Please note that you will need your Franklin Pierce University email username and password in order to access this form.
We will package your aid when the above items have been received.
After your financial aid package is prepared, it will be posted to CampusWeb and you will be sent an email with instructions on how to view/accept/decline your loans. You will also receive reminder email notices if any other action needs to be taken to complete the financial aid process such as:
1. ENTRANCE COUNSELING: If this is your first time borrowing as a student at Franklin Pierce University, you will need to complete Entrance Counseling at: www.studentloans.gov
2. GRADUATE PLUS LOAN APPLICATION: If accepting the Graduate PLUS loan, you will need to complete a Graduate PLUS Loan Application at: www.studentloans.gov Instructions are available on our web site – see link below.
3. MASTER PROMISSORY NOTES: If accepting the Unsubsidized Stafford loan and/or the Graduate PLUS loan, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note for each loan at: www.studentloans.gov
4. REFUND REQUEST FORM: If you are taking loans in an amount over the tuition and fees to use for living expenses, you will need to submit a Refund Request form with All Terms checked off. This is to ensure that you get your refund at the earliest possible time each term. Form and Refund Schedule are available on our web site – see link below.
If you prefer to use private loans to fund your education, please let us know what lender you have applied to and the amount of the loan so we can coordinate disbursements with them. If you are researching loans, please note that we have a Preferred Lender List on our web site that may be of use in that regard – see link below.
REFUNDS FOR BOOKS, SUPPLIES & LIVING EXPENSES
Credit left on the accounts after tuition, fees, bookstore charges, etc. have been deducted can be used for educationrelated and living expenses. These funds are released to the student in the form of a refund check about two to three weeks after the start of the term. A first-year student taking the maximum loan amount will receive an average of $7,400 per term. A Refund Schedule is posted online to assist students with planning their finances.
A Refund Request Form must be submitted each financial aid year to request that the credit balance be released to the student each term. Checks are mailed to the address in the main university computer system. When you need to change the address on file, contact the Registrar’s Office via phone: 603-899-4068 or via email:
SCHOLARSHIPS & GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIPS
Franklin Pierce University scholarship offers an annual Alumni Association scholarship which opens for applications in late November. When the Association is accepting applications emails are sent to all students receiving financial aid. Any other grants or scholarships that may become available through Franklin Pierce University will be communicated to students via email. There are also Graduate Assistantships available; contact Human Resources about these positions ( ). There are a limited number of Work-Study positions available as well; contact your program director about these opportunities when your program starts.
STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES CONTACT INFORMATION
Toll-free phone: 877-372-7347 then press 2.
Financial Aid Counselor: Laurie Seamans
IMPORTANT WEB SITE LINKS
How to Apply for Financial Aid: http://www.franklinpierce.edu/admissions/finaid/cgps/apply-for-aid-cgps.htm
Campus Web: https://campusweb.franklinpierce.edu/ics/
Forms & Instructions: http://www.franklinpierce.edu/admissions/finaid/cgps/finaid_forms.htm
Preferred Lender List: http://www.elmselect.com/?schoolid=177