Instagram Take-Over Policies and Application
Thank you for your interest in taking over the Franklin Pierce Alumni Instagram account.
Please read the process and guidelines below and if you’re interested, apply to take-over our account. This is a great way to reconnect with the alumni community at Franklin Pierce and share more information about yourself.
Your Instagram story will span a 24 hour period. Your take-over should include a beginning, middle, and end. The content you create will be prerecorded and shared with the Alumni Office via a cloud server to be uploaded onto the Franklin Pierce Alumni Instagram account. The Alumni Office will add any text, giphs, tags, and/or locations to each of your still photos and videos as deemed appropriate.
Your first post will be used to introduce yourself. This must be a video and include your name, class year(s), and degree at a minimum. Consider adding additional elements like your profession, what you’re having for breakfast, how you like to start you day, etc.
Through-out the day you should be posting thoughtful, exciting, and engaging content. These posts are an opportunity for followers of the alumni account to get to know you. Below are several ideas to help get you started
- Where are some of your favorite hangout spots wherever you live?
- How did you get into your current profession/company?
- What are some interesting hobbies you have?
- Are you involved in any volunteer or service work?
- Share details from your time at Franklin Pierce. This could include details about your program at FPU, clubs you were involved with, your favorite professor, etc.
Your last post will be an opportunity to say farewell to the Franklin Pierce Alumni account. This must be a video. It is suggested that you thank everyone for following along on your journey. Share any closing thoughts, how it’s been creating your take-over and feel free to share your personal Instagram handle for people to continue to follow you.
- Must create between 6-10 posts.
- Use a mix of both video and still photos.
- Videos must be no longer than 30 seconds.
- Use at least one boomerang.
- Share at least one memory from your time at Pierce.
- Show your surroundings.
- Must be available through-out selected take-over day for inquiries via phone or text.
Give Raven Nation a look into your day with the opportunity to “take-over” the Franklin Pierce Alumni Instagram page. We’d love to see what you’re up to. Read more about the policies and procedure and fill out an application.