Gifts in Kind
In-Kind Donation Form Rules and Regulations
IN-KIND donations must meet the standard charitable organization rules as outlined by the Federal Accounting Standards Board (FASB), which includes:
Franklin Pierce University requires gifts-in-kind of $5,000 or more to have the written approval of the Vice President of University Advancement. Gifts-in-kind with an apparent value of $5,000 ($10,000 if closely-held stock) or more, require that a qualified appraisal and completed IRS Form 8283 be submitted with this Gift-in-Kind Form, unless the donor will not be seeking a tax deduction. It will be the donor’s responsibility to ensure that the proper forms are filed with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The donor shall incur all costs for appraisals, if required.
Gifts of Services are not deductible as per the IRS.
Only signed forms are acceptable as acknowledgment of in-kind donations.
Instructions for completing the IN-KIND DONATION FORM:
- Please access the required In-Kind Donation Form. Provide information related to the donor including name, organization, address and other contact information.
- Provide detailed information related to the description of the item(s) or service(s) being donated. For other material items, include specific quantities being considered. No financial donations are considered in-kind donations.
- The Estimated Fair Market Value (FMV) must be completed by the donor. Franklin Pierce University cannot place a FMV amount or interpret the value of any non-financial donations.
- Fill in pick up or delivery information.
- Sign, date and mail the completed form to the Office of Advancement, Franklin Pierce University, 40 University Drive, Rindge, NH 03461.
- Donor will be contacted via phone or email by the Advancement Office once the form has been received by FPU)
Donations that cannot be accepted or fall outside the standard guidelines for acceptance will be rejected. A formal letter will be sent to the donor.