Our Lloyd and Helen Ament Astmann ’69 Career Center is your hub to exploring interests, pinpointing opportunities, enhancing your professional profile, and launching—or revitalizing—your career. Start here if you’re a student or alumnus preparing to hit the job market, or an employer looking to hire Franklin Pierce talent.
Career Education Right for You
Start by choosing the path that fits your situation—from a student just starting to think about career goals to an employer ready to share an opportunity.
Connect & Compete
Our team can help you compete at a level you never thought you could. At Franklin Pierce, career planning starts from day one of your education. Get one-on-one coaching, assess career options, hone the skills you need, choose the direction that fits, and get to work.
Check out these essential tools for career development, internships, and jobs:
- Handshake: Browse internships, part-time jobs, and other opportunities. Log in as a student or sign up as an employer.
- Canvas Career Center: Access online career-planning alongside your online classes in Canvass.
- StandOut interview tool: Participate in practice interviews and get immediate feedback.
- Professional Alumni Advising & Career Tracks (PAACT): Connect with alumni mentors and build your professional network.
- Micro internships: Find a short-term paid role that lets you show what you are capable of achieving.
Take a self-paced online workshop through the Canvas Career Center. Workshop topics include:
- Writing cover letters
- Designing your life
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Networking and preparing your “elevator speech”
- Using Canvas and Portfolium
- Modeling hustle and grit
- Understanding professionalism in the workplace
- Polishing your resume
More Career Services & Resources
See other ways we help Franklin Pierce students imagine, chart, and realize their professional futures.