- University of Maine, Graduate School of Education, Orono, ME
- PhD Higher Education Leadership, May 2012
- University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Social Work, Philadelphia, PA Master of Social Work, May 1979
- Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY Bachelor of Arts Sociology, May 1977
- Human Resource Management
- Managerial Communications
- Training & Development for Adults
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS
- Leadership in higher education
- Recruitment & retention in healthcare organizations
- Health, wellness & decision-making in college-age students
- Member-. American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- June 2018- Named-15 Influential Healthcare Administration Professors to Knowmhaonline.com: https://www.mhaonline.com/blog/healthcareadministration-professors-to-know
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- McGill-O'Rourke, A., Allan, E. (2021). In The Middle: WorkLife Experiences of Mid-Level Women Leaders in a Rural Community College System. Community College Review. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- DeLauer, V., McGill-O'Rourke, A., Ekwonye, A., et al (2021). Health behaviors in emerging adulthood: Gender, agency, and consensus. The Journal of American College Health. Manuscript accepted for publication.
- DeLauer, V., McGill-O'Rourke, A., et al (2022). Coping Mechanisms, Self-Esteem, and Healthy Lifestyles in College: The Impact of Nature and Biophilic Spaces as Supportive, Nurturing Environments. Cogent Social Sciences, 8:1
- DeLauer, V., McGill-O'Rourke, A., et al (2019). Human papillomavirus and health decisionmaking: Perceptions and accountability in college. Health Education Journal. 1 -12.
- 2002- Nursing ADVANCE MAGAZINE, Getting to the Root of Recruitment and Retention: An Internal and External Approach.
- March 2021, 2022- Husson University DPT/MBA Practice Management Cohort Guest Lecturer, Bangor Maine, Business Law Considerations Impacting Physical Therapy Practices
- November 2020, 2021- Northern Light Health, Annual POD, Bangor, ME, "Systems Thinking."
- August 2018- 2018 NH-INBRE Annual Meeting, Bretton Woods, NH, "Human Papillomavirus Virus (HPV): Perceptions & accountability in early adulthood."
- April 2017- Franklin Pierce University Faculty Showcase, Rindge, NH, "Smiling Faces: Bullies in the Academy."
- September 2016- New England Healthcare Engineers Society Fall Conference, Bretton Woods, NH, "Creating a Culture of Civility in the Workplace."
- April 2016- Franklin Pierce University Faculty Showcase, Rindge, NH, "Work-Life Integration."
- November 2015- Association of University Programs in Health Administration, Denver, CO,
- "From Classroom to Workplace: Teamwork Skill-building for Future Healthcare Leaders."
- May 2014- Summer Residency Champlain College: Divisions of Graduate and Continuing Professional Studies Master of Science in Healthcare Management, Burlington, VT, "Future Scenarios in Healthcare."
- March 2014-New England Healthcare Engineers Society Fall Conference, Fitchburg, MA, "The High Cost of Low Performers."
- January 2014- Franklin Pierce University: Division of Continuing and Graduate Studies, Lebanon, New Hampshire, "Managing Transitions for Quality Care."