Shallee T. Page
Associate Professor of Chemistry
- A.B., Biochemistry, Bowdoin College
- M.A., Science Education, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Ph.D., Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University
- Organic Chemistry
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS
- Protein biochemistry and biochemical nutrition
- Cell biology
- Genomics and transcriptomics
- Bacteriophage and C. elegans
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- New England Association of Chemistry Teachers
- 2015 Society of Molecular Biology and Evolution Conference.
- 2015 Northeast Regional IDeA Conference.
- 2015 Howard Hughes Medical Institute Science Education Alliance Phage Symposium.
- 2015 New Hampshire Sea Grant Symposium.
- 2017 NH-INBRE Big Data Symposium
- 2017-2021 NH-INBRE Annual Conference.
- 2019 National Conference for Undergraduate Research
- 2019 Northeast Regional IDeA Conference
- 2021 Experimental Biology Conference
- NIH/Maine INBRE“Genomic Analysis and Comparative Transcriptomics of Growth Pathways and Cancer Susceptibility Genes in the Soft-shell Clam Mya arenaria.” - $260,350.(#P20-RR-016463)
- 2017 - present NH-INBRE RSTG Grant
- NEASC Standard IV Committee 2017-2018
- Curriculum Committee 2017-2021\
- 2018-present- NH-INBRE Steering Committee
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Crane, J. and S. T. Page. 2021. An undergraduate laboratory experiment with real-world applications: Utilizing templateless polymerase chain reaction and real-time polymerase chain reaction to test for SARS-CoV-2 RNA. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education. https://doi.org/10.1002/bmb.21593.
Hanauer, et al. 2017. An Inclusive Research-Education Community (iREC): A model for Student Engagement in Science. PNA. 114 (51) 13531-13536. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1718188115
Dedrick, et al. 2017. Prophage-mediated defence against viral attack and viral counter-defence. Nature Microbiology 2, Article number: 16251 (2017) .
Mills, et al. (2016). Genome Sequences of Newly Isolated Mycobacteriophages Forming Cluster S. Genome Announcements. Sep-Oct; 4(5): e00933-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1128/genomeA.00933-16.
Wilson, et al. 2016. Analysis of Gene Expression in an Inbred Line of Soft-Shell Clams (Mya arenaria) Displaying Growth Heterosis: Regulation of Structural Genes and the NOD2 Pathway. International Journal of Genomics. Volume 2016, Article ID 6720947. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/6720947.
Wilson, et al. 2015. Sequencing, Annotation and Characterization of the Mitogenome of the Soft-shell clam Mya arenaria. Mitochondrial DNA.
Pope et al. 2015. Whole genome comparison of a large collection of mycobacteriophages reveals a continuum of phage genetic diversity. eLife. 2015; 4: e06416. (consortial publication >2000 authors, including myself and eight UMM undergraduates).
Page, S.T. 2014. Polyglutamine Folding Diseases. In Molecular Life Sciences: An Encyclopedic Reference. Eds. Ellis Bell, Judith S Bond,
Judith P Klinman, Bettie Sue Siler Masters and Robert D Wells. Springer, New York, p 1-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6436-5_702-1.