Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Rindge, New Hampshire
Becoming a doctor requires serious commitment to education, but the pathway programs at Franklin Pierce will ensure you succeed on the fastest track possible. This combined degree program has a Caribbean twist, as it offers a pathway from your undergraduate study in Biology or Health Sciences at Franklin Pierce to the Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program at St. George’s University (SGU) School of Medicine or School of Veterinary Medicine in Grenada, West Indies. Upon completion of the four-year bachelor’s degree, you will progress into a four-year doctoral program in a tropical setting at SGU.Apply to This Program Now
PATHWAY PROGRAM BENEFITS
The SGU Pathway Program affords you the opportunity to begin preparation for medical or veterinary school during your undergraduate studies. Along with a curriculum that develops critical thinking, while studying medical and scientific literature; you will also have the opportunity to utilize the following services to achieve your long-term goals.
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee: Develop an individual plan for success with faculty who are knowledgeable about the graduate program requirements in the healthcare field.
- GRE Preparation Committee: Meet twice per semester with representatives from the Center for Academic Excellence, Career Services, library services, and faculty to review helpful resources and prepare for the GRE
- Internships and field experience: Work with Career Services and faculty members to identify volunteer and paid opportunities to develop professional skills.
- Undergraduate research: Work on an independent research project under the guidance of faculty to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Many projects have resulted in presentations at scientific meetings and publications in peer-reviewed science journals, which provide a strong professional foundation for graduate school entry.
What do SGU Pathway students learn?
If you are admitted to the SGU Pathway Program, you must successfully complete an
undergraduate major at Franklin Pierce in either Biology or Health Sciences. You must
also complete the following prerequisite courses
to continue into medical or veterinary school at SGU.
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
In addition, it is recommended that you complete undergraduate courses in Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Anatomy and Physiology. Computer competency is highly desired.
Secondary Pathway Program
If you do not pursue or achieve admission to the SGU Pathway Program at the time of admission to the University, you may also utilize the Secondary Pathway Program. To be admitted to this program, you must meet the following qualifications after two semesters of undergraduate coursework at Franklin Pierce.
- Declare a major in Biology or Health Sciences
- Maintain a 3.5 CGPA and a 3.5 GPA in the major
- Obtain two letters of recommendation from undergraduate faculty at Franklin Pierce
How Do You Apply?
- Submit your Franklin Pierce University Application for Admission;
- Submit your SGU Pathway Application Addendum along with other application materials.
- Application for Admission Addendum;
- Minimum high school cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5;
- Two letters of recommendation that reflect commitment, interpersonal skills, and responsibility.