The Honors Program recognizes exceptional academic achievement. The courses, contracts, conferences, and sponsored activities will enhance both your academic and social experiences on campus.
You will join a community of like-minded students to seek academic, research, and social opportunities outside the classroom. You will submit papers, posters, and roundtable topic proposals to present your work at regional and national conferences where you’ll engage with Honors students from across the nation.
Invitation to join the Honors Program is offered at the time of admission. Selection is based on high school academic performance and evidence of potential for academic excellence. You may also receive an invitation to join the program upon completion of one semester with a cumulative grade point average of 3.40 or higher.
Affiliated Honor Societies
- Alpha Chi (National)
- Chi Alpha Sigma (Athletics)
- Lambda Alpha (Anthropology)
- Lambda Pi Eta (Communication)
- Phi Alpha Theta (History)
- Pi Lambda Theta (Education)
- Psi Chi (Psychology)
- Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science)
- Sigma Beta Delta (Business)
- Sigma Tau Delta (English)
- Sigma Zeta (Science and Math)
- Honors-dedicated sections of first-year seminar and composition courses.
- Opportunity to work individually with faculty in your areas of interest.
- Participation in regional and national conferences.
- Invitation to participate in activities and trips sponsored by the Honors Program.
- Special recognition for completing the Honors Program at graduation and on your transcript.
- Enhanced resume and graduate school application.
- A deeper and broader undergraduate academic and social experience.