Franklin Pierce University Welcomes NECHE's Accreditation Team
Oct 25, 2018
Please join the Franklin Pierce community in welcoming the members of the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly known as NEASC) accreditation team who will be visiting our Rindge Campus from Sunday, November 4 through Wednesday, November 7 and the Manchester Center on Monday, November 5. Their visit and subsequent review is a significant part of the reaffirmation of the University’s accreditation, which happens every ten years.
There are some key dates to know about related to the NECHE visit:
Monday, October 29th from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Marulli Welcome Center - Faculty and staff are invited to kick off and celebrate the upcoming visit. Ask questions, learn more about the visiting team and view the complete visitation schedule.
Monday, November 5th from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. in Spagnuolo Hall - Open meeting for faculty and staff to meet with NECHE team members. The NECHE team is looking forward to your input.
Monday, November 5th from 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. in Spagnuolo Hall - Open meeting for students to meet with NECHE team members. The NECHE team looks forward to hearing your views.
Wednesday, November 7th from 11:00 to 11:30 a.m. in Spagnuolo Hall - Exit Report from NECHE Team to FPU community – all students, faculty and staff are welcome!
For the past two years, Franklin Pierce University has been engaged in a process of self-study, addressing NECHE’s Standards for Accreditation. During the upcoming visit, the evaluation team will meet with staff and faculty to assess the thoroughness and accuracy of the self-study, and will ultimately make their recommendation on re-accreditation.
The eight distinguished team members include:
- Dr. Rhona Free, President, University of Saint Joseph
- Dr. Katherine Black, Dean, College of Arts and Science and Professor of Psychology, University of Hartford
- Dr. Cynthia Anne Brandenburg, Professor, Champlain College
- Mr. William Hall, M.B.A., Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer, Salve Regina University
- Dr. Lisa Ijiri, Associate Provost for Academic Programming and Resource Planning, Lesley University
- Dr. Michael Montagne, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Associate Provost, MCPHS University
- Dr. Sebastian Royo, Acting Provost, Suffolk University
- Dr. Gail Elizabeth Tudor, (Former) Director of Institutional Research, Husson University
In addition, Dr. Richard Gustafson will also attend sessions as an observer from the State of New Hampshire.