All class levels are housed separately, by designations defined as first year, sophomore, junior and senior. This is meant to promote community development within the same class and to meet the academic and social needs of each group. Besides living with peers, this arrangement allows staff from Residential Life and Student Activities to provide community events to bridge classroom learning to residential living. This intentional engagement helps students establish meaningful relationships with their peers through shared activities. Use the links below to see student housing details on residence halls, room dimensions, photos and more.
- What to bring - What NOT to Bring to college.
- Meal Plan Options for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Micro Fridge rentals at mymicrofridge.com
- Personal Property Insurance from National Student Services, Inc
- Residence Hall Linens offers a convenient and affordable way to purchase x-long sheets, towels, and more. Proceeds go to the Franklin Pierce Sigma Tau Delta chapter.
Off-Campus Petition Process
Franklin Pierce is a residential university committed to education both inside and outside the classroom. As such, we believe that living in university housing is a valuable component of the total educational and developmental experience of being a student. Because of these institutional commitments, a student is required to reside on-campus and is encouraged to become an active participant in campus life.
Residential Life will review off-campus petitions and make the final decision regarding off-campus status. Any student who does not obtain written exemption from the residential requirement is to remain in university housing and is responsible for all associated costs and fees.
1. Please complete both of the forms below to petition for off-campus housing
Required fields are marked with asterisks (*). Once complete, be sure to save it to your computer, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Director of Residential Life will review the petition and make the final decision regarding off-campus status. Any student who does not obtain written exemption from the residential requirement is to remain in university residence and is responsible for all associated cost and fees.
|Petition for:||Due by:|
|2020-2021 academic year||Friday, March 13, 2020|
|Spring 2021||First Friday of December|
|Summer Sessions I & II||First Friday of May|
2. Please note the following guidelines
- Simply wanting to live off-campus is not an extenuating circumstance. Your request must stand on its own merits. Circumstances involving other students’ petitions will not be factored into the decision-making process.
- DO NOT sign a lease or make any commitments to a landlord before receiving notice of your off-campus petition being approved.
- Housing contracts are signed for the full academic year. Therefore, a request for off-campus housing in the spring must demonstrate extreme circumstances, as it requires your binding contract with the University to be broken.