Transfer Students

Begin a new chapter at Franklin Pierce – your future continues here. Whether you have just completed one semester at a four-year university or graduated from a two-year college, you can apply for admission in the fall or spring semesters. The admissions process for transfer students is similar to students applying directly from high school.

You must provide an official transcript from each college or university attended. You may submit a letter of recommendation from an employer if securing one from an academic advisor or instructor is not possible.

Ready to Apply?

Requirements for Admission

  • College Transcript(s) from all colleges attended;
  • Letter of recommendation, college professor or advisor;
  • High School Transcript;
  • SAT or ACT scores optional;
  • Essay or graded writing assignment.

College Credit for Outside Knowledge

Franklin Pierce will give you college credit for knowledge you’ve gained outside the classroom. If you can answer "yes" to two or more of these statements, you should consider pursuing credit for prior learning:

  • I took some college classes, but never finished;
  • I have an associate degree and I want to pursue a bachelor's degree;
  • I want to earn my bachelor's degree in less than four years;
  • I have accumulated some certifications and/or professional licenses;
  • I have a great deal of on-the-job-training;
  • I have a limited budget.
  • I am looking for a university that will recognize my work and life experience.

Explore previous Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) credit awards

Save Time and Money

Apply credits earned toward your bachelor's degree and you will finish your degree sooner and reduce your tuition costs!

To receive up to 45 college credits, you must enroll in a Franklin Pierce bachelor's degree program and prepare a portfolio that demonstrates the knowledge and skills you've previously acquired. Portfolio preparation instruction is provided in a 3-credit pass/fail course, which counts as a general elective toward your bachelor's degree. This course helps you identify areas of prior learning and courses for which you can receive credit. You'll also learn how to prepare your portfolio for review.

Franklin Pierce has partnered with the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) to provide students with the guidance and structure needed to prepare their portfolios. CAEL will assess your finished portfolio and make recommendations for the college credits you should receive.

Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Application

LearningCounts Partners With Department of Defense

Military spouses can complete LearningCounts education at no cost through a partnership between LearningCounts and the Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program. This pilot program is aimed at accelerating the attainment of postsecondary education credentials by military spouses. View the SECO/LearningCounts website, where Franklin Pierce University is listed as an adult-friendly school.

Ready to apply for your bachelor's degree? View degree and Admissions information.

Gi Bill®

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). View additional information about education benefits offered by VA on the U.S. government web.

Contact undergraduate Admissions