The online delivery of curriculum uses both synchronous and asynchronous methods for the learner to encourage rich discussion, critical thinking, and problem-based learning.
- Connect with your professors and peers during live chats.
- Breakout sessions enhance learning by keeping groups of students in small numbers.
- Educational platforms include innovative technology to view pre-recorded lectures, patient simulations, interactive content with 3D Anatomy, work through case studies and practice question banks.
You, as a student, have access 24/7 to...
- Study groups
- Social hangouts
- Special interest groups
- Coursework and assignments
- Instructional videos
- Online library
You will be assigned a faculty coach. The faculty coach is more than an academic advisor, and provides guidance and mentorship throughout the program to ensure student success.
Virtual office hours increase access to faculty at convenient times. Responsive faculty provide feedback and answers to emails within 24 hours.
Clinical rotations 45-weeks
There are seven mandatory in-person clinical rotations and two elective in-person clinical rotations.
The clinical placement team makes every effort to place students at clinical sites as close to their own communities as possible.
- Primary Care (5 weeks)
- Internal Medicine (5 weeks)
- Emergency Medicine (5 weeks)
- General Surgery (5 weeks)
- Mental Health (5 weeks)
- Women’s health (5 weeks)
- Pediatrics (5 weeks)
- Elective rotation (5 weeks)
- Elective rotation (5 weeks)
- Practice skills labs
- Standardized patient experiences
- Validation skills testing
- Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs)
- Guest speakers
MPAS Degree Plan
Look at the MPAS Degree Plan for a complete list of courses and further information on the curriculum.
The program offers a curriculum in which graduates may seek licensure and certification in all 50 states.
The Franklin Pierce University Physician Assistant Hybrid Program has applied for Accreditation-Provisional status with the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). The Franklin Pierce University Physician Assistant Hybrid Program anticipates matriculating its first class in November 2022, pending achieving Accreditation-Provisional status at the June 2022 ARC-PA meeting. Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding accreditation-provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students.
In the event that the program does not achieve accreditation all students who have deposited a seat in the program will receive a full refund. The program will not accept the class until which time provisional accreditation has been granted.